Skip to main content
School Physical Exam

The State of California requires that all students have a physical examination performed by a physician within 18 months of starting 1st grade.  If your child has a physical exam done after February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, this will fulfill this requirement.  If your child has a physical prior to February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, another physical exam will be required prior to the beginning of 1st grade. Please stop by the school office for the doctor's form or download the form below.

Report of Health Examination (English/Spanish)

Oral Health Assessment

To make sure your child is ready for school, California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, now requires that your child have an oral health assessment (dental check-up) by May 31st in either TK, Kindergarten or first grade, whichever is your child's first year in public school. Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional. Please click on the link below to download the form for the dentist office.

Oral Health Assessment Form (English/Spanish)

Oral Health Assessment Notification Letter

Registration Information

Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020

 Kinder registration
Your child will need to meet the following requirements for Kindergarten registration:

1.   Birth Certificate - You must by law show proof of your child’s birthday.  The preferred document is a certified copy of the legal birth certificate.  We will make a copy of the birth certificate and retain it in your child’s cum file.  The original will be returned to the parent.  Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019, in order to be eligible to start school in August.
2.   Immunization Card - All immunizations must be current according to the county of San Bernardino  Health Department (see below for requirements).  Records must be shown so that we may make a copy  for your child’s cum file.  There must be a doctor’s signature or stamp next to each  immunization date given.  A Mantoux TB test must be done and the results recorded on the immunization card.
3.   Proof of Residency - One of the following documentation is required:  A utility bill for the current month, deed to home (escrow papers),  rental agreement
or Documentation of Shared Residency (see instructions).
4.   Physical Examination - Our District requires that your child be given a physical examination by a Health Examiner before entering Kindergarten.  If this physical is given after February 1, 2019 it will meet the state of California  requirement for first grade entry which states that the physical must be given within the prior 18 months of the start of first grade.  All of the required tests and evaluation section Part II must be completed.

5.   Oral Health Assessment – California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, requires all incoming kindergartners have an oral health assessment (dental check-up).  The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other registered dental health professional.

Registration for preference of morning or afternoon classes will be based on a  first-come first-serve basis.  Please bring all completed paperwork back as soon as possible in order to get your child’s name on a class list.  Completed packets will be accepted in school offices beginning the late March/early April; please check with your school of attendance for the exact date.  No partial paperwork packets can be accepted.   Only students with complete registration packets will be placed on a class list. 

**The choice of Kindergarten sessions is on a first-come, first-serve basis.**

Kindergarten Enrollment Packet (English/Spanish)

Transitional Kindergarten 2019-2020

Transitional Kinder

Transitional Kindergarten is the first of a two year Kindergarten program offered for those students born between September 2 - December 2, 2014 for the 2019-2020 school year. 

Transitional Kindergarten classes are offered at all three elementary schools. If you would like more information, please contact the school office.

The registration packet is the same as the Kindergarten packet.   Click below if you wish to download and print it.  Student  immunization requirements are the same for TK as for Kindergarten.

TK Enrollment Packet (English/Spanish)

Registration for Grades 1-8

student registration




Along with registration paperwork, the following documentation will need to be provided at the time of registration for all students:

  • Certified Legal Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Record - updated and current
  • Proof of Residency - current utility bill, lease or escrow papers or Documentation of shared residency (see instructions)
  • Certificate of Physical Examination (Kindergarten and 1st Grade only)
  • Individual Education Plan (IEP) - Special Education only

Optional items:

  • Last Report Card
  • CELDT Results - English Learners only
  • Pupil Transfer/Withdrawal Form - from previous school


  • Inter-District Transfers (Students living outside of our attendance boundaries) - Parents/Guardians should report to their district of residence for an application.
  • Intra-District Transfers - Students who live within the Mountain View School District can report directly to the school site they wish to attend to obtain the necessary application.
  • Transfers are not guaranteed***

If you would like to print out the registration packet, please click below.

Grades 1-8 Enrollment Packet (English/Spanish)

Immunization Requirements

Health Care Provider’s Guide to the Requirements of
The California School Immunization Law
Reference:  Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390);
California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075

Children must have their immunizations before they can attend school or child care in California.  Parents must present their child’s Immunization Record to school or childcare staff prior to admission as proof of immunization.  Health care providers are required to give or update the parent’s copy of the child’s Immunization Record whenever these immunizations are administered.  Children who have not completed all immunizations will be admitted if they are up-to-date, provided they obtain the next vaccines when due.

Requirements for School Entry (TK-12) effective July 1, 2019

  • Polio - 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the 4th birthday. 
  • DTP/DtaP/DT/Td - 5 doses at any age, but 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 years if the last dose was given on or after the 4th birthday. 3 doses are acceptable for ages 7-17 if one was given on or after the 7th birthday.
  • MMR - 2 doses, both given on or after the 1st birthday
  • Hepatitis B - 3 doses
  • Varicella - 2 doses
  • Tdap Booster - 1 dose for 7th grade entry, given on or after the 7th birthday

Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry