Skip to main content


EdJoin logo

Currently on EdJoin

MVSD utilizes EdJoin for all external recruiting efforts. We are currently accepting applications for the following:

Opportunities for Current Employees

Updated 11/15/19

In-House Vacancies

The following positions are currently posted as vacant. Current employees may apply using the In-House Application if they are in a different classification than the desired job title. (If applying in the same classification, complete a Request for Transfer/Reassignment.)  

  • None

Documents must be turned in to the District Office before the deadline. Only complete applications will be accepted.

Transfer Opportunities

Transfer requests may only be made within classification using the Request for Transfer/Reassignment form.

  • None

Personnel FAQs

How can I obtain employment at MVSD?

All applications must be submitted through EdJoin (or internal forms for current employees) and are screened thoroughly to determine if candidates are an appropriate match for our District. 

Be sure you view the job description and/or vacancy flyer to ensure you meet the education/experience requirements. Follow all directions and provide required documents when completing an EdJoin application.
Only complete applications will be considered.


Can I submit a paper application or a resume only?

No. Only electronic applications via EdJoin will be accepted, and only when there is a vacancy or pool being formed. All required documents must be included with your EdJoin application to be considered for employment.


What does "in-house only" mean?

In-house means that only current employees of MVSD may apply. Substitutes and temporary employees are NOT considered in-house applicants. It is possible that in-house vacancies may be re-flown for outside candidates at a later time. 


How do I become a substitute teacher at MVSD?

Potential substitutes must apply via EdJoin. 

The minimum requirements for substitute teaching in MVSD include: 

  • Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
  • Official transcripts
  • Passing test scores from the CBEST test
  • Fingerprint clearance through the DOJ (or CTC clearance)

Out of state applicants will be required to meet California Credential and Permit Requirements. 

All substitute teachers must complete state-mandated training regarding child abuse reporting, as well as training about the prevention of youth suicide. This must be completed during the first 30 days of employment with the District, and then again during the first 30 days of each subsequent school year. We do accept training completed in other Districts.


What is a pool?

A pool is a group of applicants that are reviewed regularly. When we are forming a pool, applicants can submit applications and the District will go to the pool for potential candidates.  Please DO NOT call the District Office to inquire about the status of your pooled application. We will contact you if you are matched as a potential candidate. 

Your application will be active in the pool for up to one year. The cycle resets annually on July 1. You would need to apply again if you did not receive a contract offer before June 30.


I already work for MVSD. How do I apply for a transfer or reassignment? 

Classified employees may apply for transfer/reassignment using this form. Certificated employees should use this form. All forms should be returned to Personnel at the District Office before the stated deadline.



Mountain View School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, orientation or disability in our programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations. We are a smoke/tobacco free workplace. We maintain facilities that are accessible to individuals with disabilities.